Monday 17 September 2012

Meet the Dynamo Behind "Design by Kate!!"

Why choose handmade? Quite simply, I put far more love and attention into my work than a piece of jewellery that is mass produced, if I wouldn’t wear it, I won’t send it out. My brand is my name and I cannot hide behind the walls of a corporation if I produce jewellery that is not of quality. And I believe that of all handmade products.
Favourite handmade labels – Ella Boo is a Favourite, as is Baby Walrus, (both Newcastle Handmade Labels) and I am totally in love with the gorgeous Poppy and Rose!
I can't get enough – Sleep!!
Most treasured possession – um probably my engagement ring
My family is – My world, my reason for living each day
I couldn't survive without – Coffee…
I wish I could – Freeze time, the years seem to wiz by, and my girls are growing so fast
Dream holiday – Egypt, I would just love to see the pyramids…
Favourite local restaurant – Um, with 3 girls aged 4 and under, we don’t really go out!! SJ’s is a Fave because it’s close to home, and great meals at a great price
Cake fave – Concord cake from Euro’s in Beaumont St, my girls and I like to go there once a week for “coffee and cake”
Current project underway – Lots!! Handstamped Bead caps, Leather wrap Bracelets just to name a couple.
A parting secret of life – If you don’t try, you will never know and therefore never succeed

No comments:

Post a Comment