Sunday 9 September 2012

It must be Monday because we have the clever "Sil" the creative mind behind Cheeksmeeks to share her thoughts!! xox

Thanks to Sil for taking time out of her busy schedule to share some insight into what makes her tick!!


Why choose handmade? Ahh ... it’s made with love. Nothing beats the warm and fuzzy feeling of homemade both receiving and making it. Its different, its quality, its art.



Favourite handmade labels – oh gosh there are so making beautiful handmade labels, its hard to pick just a few... love them all. I just love the fact people are still using sewing machines, crochet hooks, wood working tools etc to make things!

 

I can't get enough – of fabric shopping!! Can never have too much fabric!


Most treasured possession – this was a hard one, the only thing I can think of is a floppy brown knitted teddy bear I had as a child.


My family is – always on the go - Hubby David and kiddling - Josh (soon to be 4) and Miss Mia (20 mths).Its amazing how having kids inspires you to create your own label and a big thankyou to hubby who supports my craft.  


I couldn't survive without – my family, listening to Josh sing ‘bob the builder’ and dancing to mummy’s music in the living room!

I wish I could – hire a chef to do my cooking and someone to wash the dishes .. That would be bliss.

Dream holiday – well my husband suggested being locked up in Spotlight! Not sure if that would be a holiday or work. I would love to go Europe and see all the castles.  

Favourite local restaurant – to be honest I really don’t have one! My mum’s kitchen?

Cake fave – nothing beats a ‘frenchie’! I absolutely love french vanilla slices and it has to have fresh cream in it! Yummo!

Current project underway – Reno!!! Which includes my very own sewing room ... Hmm, I can make as much mess as I want and not worry about the kids playing with my bits and pieces and not having to constantly wind up thread that has been unravelled from one end of the house to the other. Oh and did I mention not having to re-tension my overlocker because little knobs are so enticing and just have to be turned. Love you Josh!  


A parting secret of life – treasure everyday.

1 comment:

  1. I definitely know the feeling of re-tensioning machines and re-rolling threads!!! We recently moved and I now have a sewing room, however it often spills out into the kids rumpus room :)

    ReplyDelete