Monday 3 September 2012

Double shot of Meet the Maker this week! Meet the gorgeous lady behind the label Paddy Joe - Belle Mott


Why choose handmade? When you buy handmade you know you are getting something unique – not mass produced. Every time I give a handmade gift, it is always so much more appreciated than a store bought gift. My products are all one off’s at every market and I love it that way. Another important reason for choosing handmade is that you are supporting women like me who strive so hard to be able to work from home so that we can be there for our children as well – we are very appreciative that we can live this dream each and every time you buy from us.



Favourite handmade labelsI know it’s a UK label but I’m continually amazed at the creations from ‘I Sew Your Dream’. Bringing children’s pictures to life on her sewing machine, this lady is so very talented. On the local front some of my favourites are ‘Addison Avenue’ and ‘Candy Lane Handmade’ who always have such gorgeous fabrics and designs. I also love checking out ‘Isava Designs’ latest jewellery, continually updating her designs to keep with the trends, you can always be guaranteed something beautiful!

 

I can't get enoughWeekends at home with my family. With markets on average 3 weekends a month, to have a relaxed Saturday or Sunday with my family means the absolute world to me. The boys get excited about our ‘family days’ and are always full of ideas of things that we can all do together.


Most treasured possession
My beautiful family always


My family is
My hubby Tim and sons Joey (8) and Paddy (5) – hence ‘Paddy Joe Handmade’! We live on beautiful Lake Macquarie and know we will grow old in this magical place. No better place to bring up our boys!


I couldn't survive without
My cup of tea in the morning is something that I never go without regardless of the time I get up. I’d rather have 10 minutes less sleep and be able to have the time to sit and enjoy a hot cuppa or 2!

I wish I could
Have an extra day in the week! There never seems to be enough time after 7 days rolls around……

Dream holiday
I’d love to travel the west coast of Australia in a camper van with my family for a few months (realistic dream) OR a bungalow set over the waters of the Maldives with my own private butler and masseuse (come on - a girl can dream can’t she!)

Favourite local restaurant
Awaba House, Booragul

Cake fave
Can’t go past the old sponge with fresh cream and strawberry jam!

Current project underway
Have just finished my first batch of Treasure Bags for kiddie’s collections of shells/rocks/sticks etc. Great for those little adventures to the lake or beach, designed with a mesh bottom so the sand and dirt don’t come home with you! My first market selling them was a huge success – YAY!

A parting secret of life
“When life throws you lemons – make lemonade!”

I really love this saying as even when you think you are having ‘one of those days’, there is always a way to make it better than what it seems by putting your mind and heart into it.
Thanks Belle - you are a truly positive and amazing mum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment